Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

ZUMBA!!!!

I was reading Denise's blog celebrate the small things! I admit I have a hard time doing that:(  So what if I lost 5 lbs I have 100 lbs to go.  However as I was reading it I decided yep I really do need to take a step back and celebrate the small things! For me that is Zumba! I have been doing Zumba for over a year maybe two.  I really don't remember but there were times I didn't do it for months.  Anyway Zumba is one of the things that motivate me! It is so fun and I know I don't look good doing it.  I just don't care! I feel better after each class and I am ALWAYS thankful I did it.  There are times that I wait to last minute to go because I really don't want to go.  Then I remember how great I will feel and how I feel better about myself.   Even though I go back and forth with weight gain and loss Zumba has always been there! When My mom died I had Zumba! When my grandma died I had Zumba! When my dog died I had Zumba! Every ounce of my being at times didn't want to go! My feelings were like why I am not even loosing weight.   However I went! Why you ask?  Not just because my instructor knows how to make Zumba fun! She is a great person and she is always smiling.  I love that! She motivates me! Also I have met so many people through going to that class that I have built great relationships.  Plus these people understand it all! I feel understood and they relate to what I am going through.  They also have great tips and ideas of their own that we share.  I love that! Not everyday I am going in a great mood! There are times I am depressed when I go! I might be annoyed with life and people.  So many things could be the reason! However Zumba is my medicine:) I always leave feeling like I accomplished something and I am happy!  So today I am celebrating Zumba:)

4 comments:

  1. Great blog Kristie! Zumba is my medicine too and I am in the same boat you are. Everyone there makes it fun and that is why I love going as well. If it wasn't for the people I would have long forgot about it by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie! Thanks! I am glad you like it:) I agree totally if it was not for the people I just stay at home:) If I didn't go I would of never met you!!!

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful Kristie! I love that you are doing this blog! You understand what the key to keeping up with an exercise program is! People and an instructor with fitness magic! Kari has that. And having your friends with you to laugh with and sweat with make it so much fun! Keep it up!!
    Kim Gibson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim you are a true sweetheart! You are a inspiration as well:) Thanks!

      Delete