Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Don't you miss it?

One of the things I hear a lot from people that I tell I no longer eat meat, dairy, sugar & oil is...don't you miss it?  Don't you miss steak?  Don't you miss cheese?  Don't you miss cheesecake?  They say, "I don't know how you do it and I could NEVER give that up!"

Believe me when I say, I said the exact same thing when it was proposed to me!  So I understand.  But I can honestly say I do not miss it!

How can I say that you might ask?  What I don't miss is the burning lava that would come up in my throat and take my breath away (despite the numerous meds I was taking to prevent it).  I don't miss waking up at 3 am with hives and horrible cramping and diarrhea.  I don't miss the constant diarrhea and fear that I wouldn't make it to the bathroom in time!  I don't miss the debilitating migraines that seriously had me contemplating suicide at one point because the pain was so unbearable!

NO I don't miss eating a Standard American Diet (S.A.D.).  You don't realize how bad you feel until you begin to feel good.  The realization for me one day was that I didn't feel anything and it kind of surprised me.  One day I thought, wow I don't hurt and it felt wonderful!  I felt so light and clear headed and full of energy.  Now that I would miss!

I don't feel like I have sacrificed anything when I have gained so much.  The cool thing is...You can do it to!  I don't care what physical problems you have, I guarantee you that if you stop eating S.A.D. and start eating a whole foods plant-based diet, your problems will improve with time!

2 comments:

  1. So true! I was one of those who said, "oh, I could never give up cheese!" But you know what? I did, and I feel so much better having done so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I'm so glad you did and you are reaping the rewards of it! By the way, I love the name!

    ReplyDelete